On Saturday, October 28th, BHD was full of wonderful smells, thanks to the annual LOH Chili Cook-Off and Dessert Bake-Off! For those who enjoy REALLY HOT Chili, the GrimReaper himself (Cory Liddy) was serving his chili made with grim reaper peppers! Our own parts diva, Anne Kleinschmidt Lask offered a chili made with beer and chocolate! Tom “Boost” Minock was ladeling out a truly tasty blend of spices that was the winning combination (1st place). The lovely pirate, Jenna Dziedzic added a little libation to her recipe, that brought her a 2nd place victory, which she shared with Jaya “Pebbles” Yacks. People really wolfed down Jaya’s Buffalo Chicken Chili (get it? She was dressed as a wolf!! Sorry).
There are too many scrumptious desserts to mention. But Leni Hoffman (aka Rockstar) showed us how important it is to take motorcycle safety classes before we ride (her wounds didn’t keep her from baking!) Pam Stidham made my favorite Anise Cookies, that taste as heavenly as they smell! Our winners were, in 1st place, Angela Kolevar (from Kneading Something Sweet, in Pinckney) and her amazing Pienolis. Second place went to Stephanie Keiles (a friend of our favorite riding instructor, Tracie)The best part of the day was, we raised $626 for the Great Lakes Burn Camp! Stay tuned for details about the 2018 Chili Cook-Off & Dessert Bake-Off….lots of surprises in store!!!!
Jaya Yacks’ Bodacious Buffalo Ranch Chicken Chili
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 15 oz canned white navy beans, drained and rinsed 14.5 oz can fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried cilantro 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Cajun
- Brown chicken breast until fully cooked, place in crock (or brown ahead of time and store in fridge until ready to assemble).
- Mix ranch with 2 Tablespoons of water or chicken broth.
- Add remaining ingredients except for cream cheese. Give it all a stir to combine.
- Add block of cream cheese on the top and cover.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8.
- Stir to incorporate cream cheese and add additional wing sauce as desired.
- Top individual bowls with blue cheese crumbles if desired.
**Really good if made the night before being eaten**